This Solution includes EDIUS XRE for rendering EDIUS Projects on Servers
The XRE Transcoder is a standalone conversion solution that enables broadcasters and media companies to automate the transcoding of media files, using watch folders that can be placed anywhere on a network. Transcoding is fully optimized to the host machine’s specifications and is faster than real-time in many cases.
- Purpose-built transcoding system leveraging powerful EDIUS NLE format support
- Can be used with EDIUS and third-party NLEs
- Watch folder functionality
- Job monitor for creating watch folders, managing and monitoring jobs
- Can process two jobs simultaneously
- Multiple XRE Transcoders can be used as nodes to process multiple jobs in parallel
- New "Effect Template" feature to apply effects to clips while transcoding (customised effects such as graphics, filters and image manipulation can be applied automatically)
- Can also be used to conform/render EDIUS projects
- Supported video formats: AVCHD, AVI, HDV, MOV, MP4 and MXF
- Supported audio formats: AAC, AIFF, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Professional, Dolby Digital Plus, MPEG Audio Layer-3, MPEG Audio Stream, Ogg Vorbis Files, Wave and Windows Media Audio
- Supported codecs: H.264, H.265, MPEG-2, XAVC, XAVC S, XDCAM (DV/HD/EX), P2, DVCPRO, AVC Ultra, Apple ProRes, Grass Valley HQ/HQX and DNxHD
- SDK available to facilitate integration into third-party systems and workflows
- Convert audio as source to other audio formats or to video
- Audio normalisation
XRE News from NAB Report 2018
How it works:
Edius XRE Transcoder is delivered as Turnkey System.
Please contact your local reseller for more information.